AED requirements for Australian Businesses?
AEDs aren’t currently required First Aid equipment for most businesses under current Australian law. However, the 2018 Government review of Work Health and Safety laws is currently open for public consultation, with the Federal Government asking for input from everyone. No matter what role you’re in, your industry or business size, this is a great opportunity for all Australians to make a difference (and save lives) by making AED supplies mandatory for all workplaces.
The WHS Act states that one of its aims is to “protect the health and safety of workers and other people by eliminating or minimising risks arising from work or workplaces” and to assist “businesses and workers to achieve a healthier and safer working environment”. The current Code of Practice only states that AEDs are “a useful addition for workplaces where there is a risk of electrocution or where there are large numbers of members of the public” but doesn’t go so far as to make them a requirement for such workplaces.
If you’d like to see more AEDs in workplaces where SCA is a risk, or in workplaces where large numbers of members of the public are present, now is you chance — visit this government website to make your concerns heard.
For more information on calling for increased mandatory AEDs in Australia, visit the “Australian Hearts” website at: www.australianhearts.com
Why does my workplace need a defibrillator?
Every year more than seven million people globally suffer from a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) with little to no warning. Of this, only 5% to 10% survive, which means that every organisation should have Automated External Defibrillator (AED) supplies in the workplace.
Sudden cardiac arrest is when the heart enters a chaotic rhythm and usually results from a disturbance in your heart that disrupts its pumping action, stopping the blood flow to the rest of your body.
SCA is a medical emergency that if not treated immediately, usually results in death.
Anyone, anywhere at any time can be affected by SCA.
84% of SCA occur outside of a healthcare setting. Given that most workers spend a large proportion of their life at the workplace, this should be a key in our consideration to any corporation’s emergency and first aid installations. Not only should every organisation have a defibrillator in the workplace (and defibrillator sign to clearly mark its location), but all employees should be trained how to use the AED. It could save a life.
As the leading medical device and defibrillator suppliers and wholesalers on the Australian market, Aero Healthcare can supply your organisation with AED supplies at wholesale prices.
Call Aero For a Quote Now!
Why Aero Healthcare?
Aero Healthcare is a manufacturer, wholesaler and supplier of medical devices, automated external defibrillators and first aid and medical consumables. We deliver a better user experience and more effective outcomes with benchmark-quality products that represent long-term value-for-money.
In addition, Aero Healthcare is a global brand with offices in the UK, US, Australia, New Zealand and mainland Europe — this means we can meet a diverse range of challenging requirements on an international scale.
With extensive experience in the implementation of defibrillation capability for national organisations, Aero Healthcare can guarantee a seamless implementation process.
Aero Healthcare works with industry-leading experts, manufacturers and distributors to ensure that regardless of your corporation’s AED supplies requirements, we can meet your unique budget and needs. At Aero, we pride ourselves on delivering superior outcomes that ensure more lives are saved.
The HeartSine 500P Defibrillator has unique patient-specific CPR Feedback meaning that it provides the best fighting chance against SCA. Learn More...
View our AED guide for Industry, Offices and Corporations to see how your business can benefit from having an Aero AED.
Did you know
The HeartSine 500P is the only AED which provides CPR feedback based on assessment of the patient
What Makes Aero Defibrillators Different?
- Aero defibrillators offer the quickest time to shock — every second counts, as the chance of survival is reduced by 10% every minute.
- They have the highest IP rating — IP56. This means your AED is protected against dust and water making it suitable for use in almost any environment.
- They use patented shock delivery technology — this delivers a more effective shock at lower energy levels. This reduces the risk of heart damage and improves patient recovery time.
- They can shock someone with a chest impedance of 10-300 ohms — this delivers greater electrical resistance than other defibrillators currently available, which means our defibrillators are able to shock in more cases, resulting in more lives saved.
- Our automated external defibrillators have a simple one-button operation and voice and visual prompts for users. This makes our AEDs exceptionally easy to use by untrained and minimally trained rescuers.
- They can connect to remote monitoring systems making management of large fleets simple and cost-effective. As medical device and automated external defibrillator suppliers, we can provide you with wholesale AED supplies.
- They have patented CPR feedback technology which provides voice guidance, ensuring the rescuer’s chest compressions reach adequate depth and rate.